Friday, July 11, 2008

The Iveys 1968 Demo Tape ........Re-Re-post!

Iveys............Someday We'll Be Known (1968 demo tape)


Pete Ham: lead guitar, vocals

Mike Gibbins: drums, vocals

Ron Griffiths: bass, vocals

Tom Evans: rhythm guitar, vocals




1 - I Believe (version 1) [Ron] 2:15
2 - The French Song (In A Taxi) [Ron] 1:46
3 - harmonizing [Ron] 0:25
4 - I hope you win somethin' on Bingo... [Ron] 0:15
5 - Man Without A Heart [Ron] 1:49
6 - The Girl Next Door In The Mini-Skirt [Pete] 3:07
7 - Turn On Your Lovin' Mood [Ron] 2:11
8 - It Takes So Long [Pete] 1:30
9 - unknown title (acoustic guitar) [Pete] 1:39
10 - Handsome Malcolm (instrumental) [Tom] 0:46
11 - Hey Baby [Mike] 2:54
12 - The Leaves (acoustic 1-lyrics) [Tom] 0:55
13 - The Leaves (acoustic 2-vocalizing) [Tom] 0:52
14 - The Leaves (acoustic 3-lyrics) [Tom] 1:23
15 - The Leaves (piano 1-instrumental) 0:25
16 - The Leaves (piano 2-instrumental) 0:22
17 - The Leaves (piano 3-vocalizing) [Tom] 0:45
18 - Mr. Strangeways [Ron] 3:13
19 - I'll Kiss You Goodnight [Tom] 3:08
20 - Sausage & Egg [Ron & Pete] 2:11
21 - Handsome Malcolm [Tom] 2:40
22 - Another Day [Pete] 2:49
23 - I Believe (version 2) [Ron] 2:18
24 - Love Hurts [Ron & Tom] 0:51
25 - For My Sympathy (acetate) [Pete & Tom] 3:00
26 - Maybe Tomorrow (mono single mix) [Tom] 2:50
27 - And Her Daddy's A Millionaire (mono single mix) [Tom] 2:10
28 - Dear Angie (mono single mix) [Ron] 2:35
29 - No Escaping Your Love (mono single mix) [Tom] 1:56
30 - Storm In A Teacup (mono EP mix) [Tom] 2:28
31 - Sali Bloo (with wah-wah guitar intro) [Ron] 2:40



Get It Here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the re-post...really appreciate you taking the time to do this. Unfortunately, I think the RAR file is damaged/corrupt since I was unable to extract it using several standard RAR-extraction programs (including both WinRAR and 7-Zip). Didn't have an issue with any of your other files, so something must have happened either to the original archive or during the upload process. You may want to test on your end just to confirm, but if possible, could you attempt another post of this at some point?

Thanks and enjoy the weekend!

Popfanatic said...

Yeah it was damaged or something.
I re-compressed the file as a zip
instead of a Rar and re-upped it.
It should work now!

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, and got it! The first two files in the ZIP are still corrupt, but I was able to open the rest with WinRAR, and I already had the first 2 songs on another compilation, so now I have them all!

Certainly appreciate all the re-posts...if traffic to your site is heavy, you may want to fix the first two Iveys tracks at some point and re-post (the corrupt tracks prevented 7-Zip and another program I have from opening the archive at all...but WinRAR worked on the remaining files). But it's summer, so I know blog traffic is a lot lighter now.

Also, if you want to boost traffic, there's a blog roll called totallyfuzzy which I use to search (totallyfuzzy.blogspot.com)...they post feeds from a ton of music blogs and it's a great way to reach a lot of people with your posts. And it's free.

Anyway, thanks again!!!!!! Now, I have a lot of Jet and Badfinger listening to do.

Popfanatic said...

Thanks for letting me know about the first two files.
If any of the other files in this post are corrupt please let me know and I'll get them to you.
I will be going through and fixing
anything that needs to be fixed.

Thanks
popfanatic

Hal Jalikeakick said...

thank you!!